Buscar este blog

viernes, 23 de julio de 2010

Running the sicklms node and rviz

The sscrovers_laser_pub package is based on the sicktoolbox_wrapper package.

Renato made a modification to the sicklms node which consisted on applying a delay of 22 seconds to it since it is approximately the time that the physical laser takes to power up properly.
I had to modify the ssc_laser.vcg file since with the original one the readings of the laser weren't displayed on rviz. What I did was to check the topics published by and subscribed to the rviz and sicklms nodes.

The changes I made are in lines 5 and 22. Instead of /laser topic I placed /base_scan topic. This worked honestly thanks to a process of trial and error.
In order to run the rviz and sicklms nodes I followed these steps:

1. Run a core

$ roscore

2. Configure the laser port
$ sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyUSB1
$ ls -l /dev/ttyUSB1

And s
omething like this should be displayed:

crw-rw-rw- 1 root dialout 166, 0 2009-10-27 14:18 /dev/ttyUSB1

3. Run the sicklms node

$ roscore
$ roscd sscrovers_laser_pub
$ cd bin
$ ./sicklms _port:=/dev/ttyUSB1 _baud:=38400
Connection must be achieved:

Requesting measured value data stream...
Data stream started!

4. Start rviz

$ roscd rviz
$ ./bin/rviz -d `rospack find sscrovers_laser_pub`/ssc_laser.vcg


5. Check the communication among nodes through specific topics

$ rxgraph



2 comentarios:

  1. I am also using this same sicktoolbox_wrapper package from ROS. But, I have problem with initializing the LASER. Can you help me?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Laura, I have the same problem about the delay, how did you add it?

    ResponderEliminar