Buscar este blog

miércoles, 18 de agosto de 2010

Installing p2os

Most of the useful instructions I followed come from the p2os' tutorial: http://www.ros.org/wiki/p2os/Tutorials/Getting%20Started%20with%20p2os

1. I first went to the stacks ros' directory and checked out the svn for the usc packages:
$ cd ~/ros/stacks/
$ svn co https://usc-ros-pkg.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/usc-ros-pkg/trunk/ usc-ros-pkg
2. Then I updated the stack list and compiled it
$ rospack profile && rosstack profile
$ rosmake p2os --rosdep-install

3. In order to connect to the /dev/ttyUSB0 port instead of /dev/ttyS0 port (which is default)
I changed the p2os.cc code as follows:

$ roscd p2os
$ cd p2os_driver
$ cd src
$ gedit p2os.cc

And around line 64 I changed the parameter of the port:

n_private.param( "port",psos_serial_port, std::string("/dev/ttyUSB0"));

instead of

n_private.param( "port",psos_serial_port, def );


4. I then just ran the p2os node and it made the connection successfully.

Now, since I currently have no access to the joystick (but I will have it, however), I am going
to modify the teleoperation launch file to do it directly with my keyboard.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario