Buscar este blog

miércoles, 22 de septiembre de 2010

Map overlapping

After modifying the launch file Renato shared with me, gmapping was no longer displaying neither the TF_OLD_DATA error, nor the dropped messages warnings. However, the map is still overlaping. Here is the content of the launch file I am currently using named launch_rovers.launch. The attempts to change nodes are presented as comments:


What I am doing right now is playing this launch file simultaneously with rviz, with which I have as well some doubts. Here are two screenshots of what the mapping process looks like:



I have been playing with the fixed and the target frames as can be appreciated in the screenshots. I, however, get the same result always: overlapping of the map.

I have noticed that during this process the mobile frame isn't able to fully rotate when it is necessary and this is what I think is causing the overlapping.

I have several suppositions for the generator of this problem:

1. Odometry isn't being correctly actualized.
2. Gmapping has an error (which I have no idea about).
3. The time ins ROS isn't properly actualized nor the buffer is properly being cleaned out when necessary.


I hope the question I placed at the mailing list is soon answered.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario