Buscar este blog

miércoles, 12 de enero de 2011

usb_cam and rviz compilation

While I am waiting for the Logitech Pro 9000 camera to arrive I am provisionally working with an IBM webcam.

Today I installed and compiled the usb_cam package created by bosch.

The repository was taken from the following source: https://bosch-ros-pkg.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/bosch-ros-pkg/trunk/stacks/bosch_drivers/usb_cam

And the only trouble I went through during compilation was the following message: mkdir: cannot create directory `build': Permission denied

This problem was solved by changing the permissions of the directory using chmod as follows:

$ sudo chmod ugo+rwx usb_cam

Aftewards, I tested rviz's execution (since I am using a new laptop because my own is going through some BIOS dilemmas... long story...). And while i was compiling I got the following error:

Caught exception while loading: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException)

It was easily solved by installing some of the missing packages of my video card:

$ nvidia-cg-toolkit-installer --install

I am currently trying to recover the configuration of my laptop without losing any data in order to continue with my navigation tasks. Meanwhile I am starting to make some tests with the mentioned camera.

2 comentarios:

  1. By the way: http://www.iheartrobotics.com/2010/05/testing-ros-usb-camera-drivers.html

    A very useful link for camera drivers in ROS

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Tutorials on image transport:

    http://www.ros.org/wiki/image_transport/Tutorials

    ResponderEliminar