Buscar este blog

miércoles, 2 de febrero de 2011

Reconfiguring sicklms node

Well, after reinstalling everything in my computer and losing all my backup data (I dropped my external hard drive ¬¬), I have ROS running again.

I had some issues while configuring the sicklms node. I downloaded the original code from a ROS repository and the following error was being displayed:

A scan was probably missed. The last scan was 0.10704 seconds ago. sicklms.

I sent my inquiry to the mailing list and this was the answer.

"See https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/4673 for a ticket about that warning. How is your SICK connected to the computer? RS232 or RS422? With or without a USB->Serial adapter? At what rate should you be getting scans from the LIDAR as currently configured? 10Hz?

Is the SICK driver set to less than one degree of angular resolution? I only see this warning with my LMS291's when they are set to 0.5 degree angle increments. With 1 degree increments the warning is not output."
 
So I downloaded the code that the SSC Rovers team uses for the sicklms and it, i fact, had some differences with the degree angle increments. 
 
  }
  if (inverted) {
    scan_msg.angle_min = M_PI/2;
    scan_msg.angle_max = -M_PI/2;
  } else {
    scan_msg.angle_min = -M_PI/2;
    scan_msg.angle_max = M_PI/2;
  }
  scan_msg.angle_increment = (scan_msg.angle_max - scan_msg.angle_min) / (double)(num_values-1);
  scan_msg.scan_time = scan_time;
  scan_msg.time_increment = scan_time / (double)(num_values-1);
  scan_msg.range_min = 0;
  if (scale == 0.01) {
    scan_msg.range_max = 81;
  }
  else if (scale == 0.001) {
    scan_msg.range_max = 8.1;
  }
 
 


 



 

1 comentario:

  1. Hola tengo problemas con ROS podrias ponerte en contacto conmigo por favor?? jarroyosobrino@gmail.com

    Gracias

    ResponderEliminar